Safe speed monitors
Safety-M compact SMC2.2
SIL3/PLe security module for safe speed monitoring with two (different) encoder systemsSMC2.2 is a compact safety module in the Safety-M family with integrated drive monitoring for one axis with two (different) encoder systems. This standalone speed monitor (base module) does not require an additional safe PLC.
Safety-M compact is perfect for integration into existing safety circuits or for upgrading old machines. Solutions with two sensors (HTL/proximity switch, RS422, SinCos) are supported for reliable speed detection.
|Dimension||50 mm x 100 mm x 165 mm|
|Working temperature||-20 °C ... 55 °C|
|Safe digital inputs||4/2|
|Safe digital outputs||8/4|
|Safe relay outputs||1|
|Number of encoder interfaces||2|
Analog 4–20 mA
TTL / RS422
1 x Relais
24 V DC
Safety-M compact SMC2.2The integrated signal converter and splitter makes it easy to connect controllers that can work with the same encoder system. In addition, it is possible to output an analog speed value, e.g. for the replacement of tachometers or similar.
The device can be parameterized using a removable operating and diagnostic display or the “OSxx“ PC software. Diagnostics and settings can be made comfortably from the office PC but also completely and easily using the intuitive touchpad display in the field.
- Extensive library for preconfigured safety sensors and control devices. This allows easy parameterization with no programming.
- Complete speed-related safety functions for drive monitoring equivalent to EN 61800-5-2 integrated in firmware (e.g. SOS, SLS, SSM, STO).
- Various encoder interfaces for SinCos, RS422 and HTL/proximity switches, for a wide range of sensors, freely combinable with each other.
- Integrated signal splitter for forwarding the encoder signals (optional). No complex, interference-prone external wiring if the controller wants to use the same signals.
- The signal converter can output the encoder signal as HTL differential, HTL single ended, RS422, or as analog values from 4 to 20 mA.
- Simple mounting, snaps onto 35 mm C-profile rail.
- 4/2 safe inputs, 8/4 safe shutdown channels, 1 safe 1-channel potential-free relay contact.
- Contact multiplication or contact amplification by external contactors in connection with integrated monitoring possible (EDM).
- The front LED always shows the operating status.
- Removable operating and diagnostic display (optional).
- Free “OSxx“ parameterization software.
Display and programming unitSafety-M compact
Actual value display for speed, direction of rotation.
Parameterization tool for changing device parameters.