Encoders Absolute multiturn
Encoder with IO-Link Interface – Ready for Industry 4.0 / IIoT.
The Sendix M36 with Energy Harvesting Technology is an electronic multiturn encoder in a compact design, without gear and without battery.
It is characterized by robustness, reliability and cost-efficiency.
Connectivity stands for the ability to communicate additional information and / or to be integrated in a network. This can take the form of additional interfaces such as OPC-UA (e.g. for additional edge communication) or Industrial Ethernet communication as well as a digital interface such as "BISS" or "SCS open link".
Identification is the ability to transmit technical information by means of an electronic data sheet / type plate. In addition, further information about the machine can be transmitted (e.g. information about the axis where the encoder is installed). Essentially, all the information required in the application for asset management is recorded here.
Diagnostics functions provide relevant information about the condition of the product (e.g. error messages) or indirect information about the application. For example, an integrated temperature sensor can indicate that the permissible working temperature range has been exceeded. Or integrated vibration sensors provide information on the condition of the power train bearings. Highly integrated bearingless systems in particular can provide reliable information here. Log and time stamp functions in Industrial Ethernet encoders make it possible to create lifetime histograms.
Adaptability refers to adaptability, which can take place on two levels:
- At the operational level, the parameters / settings of an encoder can be changed during operation, e.g. to optimize setup processes or to eliminate measurement errors with digital signal processing.
- Software updates can be carried out at system level at any time.
The range of functions for the implementation of Industry 4.0 / IIoT concepts can be subsequently extended in order to guarantee the future viability of the system. Therefore, all Kübler fieldbus and Industrial Ethernet encoders are available with a firmware update function as standard.
|Dimension||Ø 36 mm|
6 mm shaft, with flat surface
8 mm shaft, with flat surface
10 mm shaft, with flat surface
1/4 " shaft, with flat surface
Synchro flange / Servo flange
Ø 36.00 mm
|Working temperature||-40 °C ... +85 °C|
M12 connector axial
M12 connector radial
|Max. rotational speed||
14 bits singleturn
18 bits multiturn
18...30 V DC
- Sturdy bearing construction in Safety-Lock™ design for resistance against vibration and installation errors.
- Reduced number of components ensures insensitivity.
- IP67 protection and wide temperature range from -40°C to +85°C.
- Without gear and without battery, thanks to the Energy Harvesting technology.
- Operation possible with any IO-Link master.
- Point-to-point communication in automation networks.
- Use of cost-effective unshielded cables possible.
- Automatic saving of device parameters.
|Declaration of conformity|
Sendix M3668 / M3668R / M3688 / M5868 IO-LinkMultilingual: German, English
PDF ∼ 70,7 KB | 07.2020
M36 M58 IO-LinkMultilingual: German, English, French
PDF ∼ 44,0 KB | 08.2020
China RoHS M36xx IO-LinkPDF ∼ 283,3 KB | 02.2021
Bellows couplingBellows couplings are used for the cost-optimized connection of motor and encoder. In addition, a correction of angular errors between drive and encoder is achieved. Compensation for larger axial errors.
Bellows coupling (stainless steel).