Direct measurement with compact and flexible measuring wheel system - MWE21
Products31 May 2021
The ideal solution for reliable speed, position and distance measurement in linear motion applications. The new measuring wheel system MWE21 consists of encoder spring arm, encoder and measuring wheel and can be optimally installed in any application.
- Simple and fast assembly even for the tightest installation spaces.
- Direct and reliable measurement on the measuring surface for precise speed, position and distance measurement.
- Accurate measured values for efficient production operation.
- Matching measuring wheels for any measuring surface.
- Spring overload protection ensures long service life.
This system is used in warehouse logistics, the timber industry and the packaging industry. In contrast to rotary encoders, which are mounted on the drive shaft as standard, the measuring wheel system is installed directly on the measuring surface. This results in direct and precise acquisition of the measurement data. Reliable recording of speed, for example, is ensured by the contact pressure of the measuring wheel by means of an integrated spring. This also compensates for unevenness of the measuring surface, which could lead to incorrect measurement.
In addition, the integrated spring ensures maximum robustness of the measuring wheel system and thus ensures a long service life. Due to its compact design, the measuring wheel system is particularly space-saving and is therefore also suitable for the tightest installation spaces. The measuring wheel system adapts optimally to the application requirements. Thus, the system can be mounted horizontally, vertically or upside down quickly and easily. The encoder can be mounted on both sides of the spring arm. The encoder can be mounted in 30° increments. This ensures optimum alignment of the connection technology.
The measuring wheel is suitable for different measuring surfaces. Available are measuring wheels with a diameter of 200 mm and 6" with O-ring NBR70, plastic (polyurethane) smooth or cross knurled (aluminum) surface. Matching accessories such as mounting brackets for the appropriate adaptation complete the overall package of flexibility. The incremental Sendix KIS40 encoder with its high resolution of up to 2500 pulses and a maximum speed of up to 4,500 min-1 ensures maximum precision and dynamics.
Features at a glance
- Compact measuring system with flexible mounting options: vertical, horizontal or overhead. Encoders can be mounted on both sides of the encoder spring arm in 30° steps.
- Integrated spring for optimum contact pressure of the measuring wheel on the measuring surface and as compensation for unevenness.
- Robust incremental Sendix encoder with max. resolution up to 2500 pulses/revolution and max. speed up to 4500 min-1.
- Measuring wheels for different measuring surfaces: Available with O-ring NBR70, smooth plastic (polyurethane) or cross knurled (aluminum) surface in 200 mm and 6" diameters.
- Integrated mechanical spring travel limiter.
General engineering, warehouse logistics, wood industry, glass industry, packaging and textile machinery,
labeling and printing machines, inkjet and laser printers, conveyor technology, ...
To the measuring wheel system MWE21
To overview Length measuring sets / Measuring wheel systems
Download press release
Download technical report
I am pleased to answer your questions
+43 3322 43723 12